Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Common Carrot, etc.

New images! These are two images that I conceived of together and created one after the other. They derive from the Klimtian pieces I did earlier in the fall, but they are a pretty wild departure from my original inspiration. They go with the image posted in "Blow-Up" (below). They do not look similar, but they are connected, for me, by the process of their creation. Both required obsessive concentration, meticulous attention to detail, and quite a bit of time. They both made my hands hurt. Klimtian Copy/Squares is acrylic on gessoed paper, and Klimtian Copy/Common Carrot is cut paper on gessoed paper. Both are probably about 5" x 5." It is hard to capture white cut paper against white gesso, so I included an image that is back-lit.

Feedback is especially welcome! These more abstract pieces are a new direction for my work.

Klimtian Copy/Squares

Klimtian Copy/Common Carrot (back-lit)

No comments: